Body butter, preferably characterized by a good INCI and organic, contains emollient ingredients such as shea and coconut butter and natural oils such as jojoba or olive. Its composition allows it to create a barrier between external agents and the skin that protects it from pollution and challenging environmental conditions. It also allows you to maintain skin hydration, penetrating profoundly and keeping the surface layer smooth and elastic. In this article, we will give you a complete guide about what is body butter?
How to use it? Having a semi-solid consistency, to improve the drafting, it is recommended to keep the jar in the bathroom, soften it, and massage it on the skin still warm after a shower. The essential thing is not to use an excessive amount of it.
How to use body butter
This type of cream is not just a simple skin moisturizer. It can be used in many other ways. For example, here are 5 uses you may not have thought of :
- Hand and foot care: This can be used daily as a hand and foot cream, especially when you need deep hydration. Try a ritual foot treatment once a month: before going to bed, treat yourself to an extended foot bath and immediately afterward apply a generous dose of dark butter and cover with cotton socks. Remember not to neglect your nails. They need hydration too!
- Soften dry areas: apply a generous dose and massage only the driest areas. The butter will penetrate deeply, restoring elasticity and softness.
- Face and décolleté moisturizing cream: thanks to its ability to protect the epidermis, it is particularly effective in moisturizing the skin of the face and décolleté. Warm it in your hands and apply by massaging with upward movements. Also, moisturizing the neck and décolleté can help prevent wrinkles, mainly if you use Extra Virgin Olive Oil products, rich in natural antioxidants.
- Post-depilation: thanks to its formula, particularly rich in nutrients, it helps to soothe the skin irritated by hair removal, leaving it soft and smooth.
- Massage: it is also ideal for a comfortable massage; warm it in your hands and apply it with gentle upward movements to stimulate circulation.
Nothing compares to the sensation of spreading an extraordinarily soft and soft dark body butter that melts on contact with the skin.
What is body butter? Mounted Butter
Self-production for me is a passion that later resulted in a profession, but I always remember with fun that the first thing I wanted to prepare was whipped butter. Do you know the whipped cream? After that, I looked at the recipes and tutorials and couldn’t wait to do it again!
The whipped butter is a particular preparation, anhydrous, relatively soft, full-bodied and rich, nourishing; buttery in the true sense of the term and soft, suitable for the body, hands, and feet; less for the face.
The result will be soft, velvety, and supple skin, but what you will fall in love with is the feeling of softness on the skin. Given the consistency, I recommend using it after a shower on warm skin to facilitate dissolution and absorption. You can use it daily as a hand and foot cream, especially when you need deep hydration; even better if after a foot bath with bicarbonate or sparkling tabs.
What is Body Butter Recipe?
Today a few words: I leave you the recipe for body butter here!
I remind you that the formulations to follow are usually divided into phases, identified with alphabetical letters:
- A – identifies the aqueous phase and all the hydrophilic components that must be dissolved in it.
- B – identifies the oily phase and all the lipophilic components that must be dissolved in it.
- C – This phase indicates the ingredients to be added after the emulsion has cooled down (essential oils and some active ingredients).
This time you will find some numbers to understand how to prepare whipped butter step by step! You will need cocoa butter, shea butter, coconut oil, sweet almond, argan and grape seed oil, cetyl alcohol and vegetable stearin, vitamin E, a fragrance of your choice, and, if desired,,, pigments to color the butter.
I have chosen to insert the Wisteria fragrance with green and flowery scent and pink ultramarine to give it a touch of color. Still, nothing prevents you from choosing a more appetizing fragrance, such as chocolate or vanilla, changing color, or even leaving it white.
Just a tip: never leave whipped butter without a label. You risk someone eating it!
- 6 g Cocoa Butter
- 13 g Shea Butter
- 10 g Coconut Oil
- 7 g Sweet Almond Oil
- 5 g Argan oil
- 4 g Grapeseed Oil
- 5 g Cetyl alcohol
- 5 g Vegetable stearin
- 3 g Pink Ultramarine
- 1 g Vitamin E
- 20 drops of Wisteria fragrance
- Weigh the two kinds of butter and melt them in a bain-marie
- Let the melted butter cool, and then add the vegetable oils.
- Weigh cetyl alcohol and stearin and let them melt in a water bath together with the kinds of butter and vegetable oils
- Remove from the heat source, mix and then shake with the blender fitted with a whisk.
- To speed up, I suggest you put the mixture in the freezer for 10 minutes and then whisk it again. After cooling the mixture a couple of times, add vitamin E, dye, and fragrance.
- Transfer into a container and store in a cool, dry place away from heat sources.
What is Body Butter moisturizing?
- 40 ml of coconut oil
- 4 teaspoons of pure shea butter
- 10 g of cocoa butter (about 12 tablets, if you have Rapunzel’s like me)
- 20 ml of sweet almond oil (or light oil of your choice, or the excellent Palo Santo oil)
- 20 drops of essential oils to taste
For this recipe, you need a freezer and an electric blender, the one with whips:
- We melt the coconut oil in a bain-marie to then take our quantity. Then we put the butter and oils in the indicated doses in a saucepan or bowl that has high sides and so you can then work with the whisk without splashing! Then remove from the heat and let it cool before placing it in the freezer for about 10 minutes or, in any case, the time, more or less, to see the edge of the already cured cream.
- We take it out of the freezer and start blending for about 5 minutes.
- We whisk until we see the liquid turn into a white cream, and we begin to see that it becomes frothy.
Put it back in the freezer for 5 minutes, don’t forget it inside! 5 minutes and take out and again, blend, and we will see our butter form! It is essential to blend in the same direction and patiently. We must not blend too much !!! If we whip too much, we risk starting to disassemble it or making the butter go crazy! So we spend a few minutes in the freezer, just 2-3 minutes, then take out and add our essential oils. The latter tend to disassemble the butter a little, so let’s take one last smoothie and stop!
What is Body Butter for silky skin?
“Have you come back from the sea and you feel like you have snake-scaled skin? No Panic! If you follow this very simple recipe to prepare you will find yourself in your hands a very useful body butter to melt .. you will see what beneficial effect it will have on your skin! “
- Melt the butter combined with the beeswax in a bain-marie. Once the mixture has cooled, add the grapeseed oil and the selected essences and mix.
- Pour the mixture into the chosen molds and leave to solidify in the fridge for a couple of hours.
HOW TO USE
Take the body butter and rub it on the body or affected area after showering with the skin still to dry. Being a butter will take longer than a body cream for it to absorb, so if you want, after application, you can rinse a little with water and then dab with a towel.
- The effect will be very soft and super hydrated skin!
- You can also use it in winter when it seems your skin is too dry!
We thank the girls of La Stanza Bio for sharing their recipes with us! If you also have recipes to share, you can do it by filling out this form to know all the eco-bio spignettatori who have collaborated to grow this cookbook.
What is Body Butter Natural Oil
Cosmetologists appreciate them for their rich content of vitamins, fatty acids, lipids, antioxidants, trace elements, and other valuable substances. Applying the oil to the body provides intensive nourishment to the cells, helps to retain moisture, and soothes and softens the skin. Such products help maintain youthfulness and beauty of the skin, increase its turgor and improve the work of the sebaceous glands.
Cosmetic oils protect the skin from adverse environmental factors and produce a bactericidal and healing effect. Thus, they are handy for the care of sensitive, dry, and problem skin. In addition, such products effectively combat cellulite, stretch marks, irritation and flaking of the skin, inflammation, and enlarged pores. Here’s how to properly use body butter.
1. How to use cosmetic oil
Natural plant oils for the body are used alone and as transport components for essential oils. They are also used to enrich the composition of creams, balms, and other cosmetics.
In addition, pure oils are used for:
- removing makeup
- use instead of a nourishing cream
- use instead of a nourishing cream
- care for dry and aging skin
- performing general and anti-cellulite massage
- softening the skin of the hands, caring for the cuticles, strengthening the nails
- oil wraps
- softening rough skin on elbows and feet
- Nourishment of hair follicles and restoration of the damaged hair structure.
2. How to apply the oil to the body after showering?
Before you oil your body:
- Take a shower or bath and dry your skin a little with a towel. When applied to damp (but not wet) skin, the oil will not collect in droplets and effectively retain moisture.
- Take some oil and warm it up in your palms.
- Apply the warmed product with massage movements to the desired area: from the fingertips upwards, in the abdominal area – clockwise.
The amount of oil used should be sufficient to slide your hands over the skin without dripping quickly. So, be sure to warm each regular portion of oil in the palms of your hands. If excess oil remains on the skin 15 minutes after applying the oil, blot it with a tissue.
3. How to apply body butter for massage?
Applying oil to the body for massage photoPure natural oils, their mixtures and compositions with aromatic oils are suitable for massage. All movements during a massage should be smooth, pressing should be light, and the intensity of exposure should be gradually increasing. It is essential to warm the oil in the palms of your hands before applying it to the skin.
Hands are massaged from the hands to the elbows and shoulders, with a smooth transition to the back (with self-massage, it will not be possible to massage the back).
The chest and abdomen are massaged very gently, superficially. Next, an oil massage of the legs and thighs is performed from the bottom up: first. Next, the feet are massaged, then the legs, knees, thighs, and buttocks. At the end of the massage, put on a warm robe to prolong the warming effect.
4. How to use body butter when wrapping?
Oil wraps are a popular and effective way to use natural oils. Wraps allow you to quickly replenish nutritional deficiencies and significantly improve the condition of the skin.
There are 2 ways to apply the oil mixture:
- Applying oil warmed up in the palms of the skin, rubbing the problem area and further wrapping it with cling film and a towel.
- Use of oil-impregnated rags of fabric without wrapping with foil.
- To increase the valuable properties and effectiveness of the oil mixture, the base oil is slightly warmed up. The average duration of the procedure is 45 minutes. At the end of the procedure, you need to take a warm shower without using soap.
We offer you another informative article for reading – about why to use a body scrub.