If you are looking for something for your dinner, lemon garlic aioli can be the best choice. Hence, many people use this sauce as an alternative to mayo. If you want to add this sauce, we are here to help you out.
The best thing is you can make aioli at home. You just need some ingredients to prepare this recipe. As we noted above, we are going to share a step-by-step process to make lemon garlic aioli sauce.
Moreover, we are also sharing how to use and store this sauce. Make sure you are reading the instructions before starting. So, let’s find out.
What is Garlic Aioli?
Before we start with the recipe, you need to know what aioli is. Well, if you have an idea about this sauce, you can skip this part. In simple words, lemon garlic aioli is a homemade creamy sauce.
It’s very similar to mayonnaise. Aioli means ‘garlic oil’ in Catalonia’s language. If you want a sauce that has a bold flavor, you can choose aioli.
The Difference Between Aioli and Mayo
If you are thinking that aioli is flavored mayonnaise, then you are wrong. However, aioli is made by following traditional methods. You need to add olive oil and garlic while preparing. For the mayo, on the other hand, you need to add a neutral oil egg.
Ingredients of Lemon Garlic Aioli
Now, you know what is the difference between mayo and aioli. If you are ready to prepare lemon garlic aioli, we are sharing ingredients in the following. Let’s find out.
Garlic is one of the key ingredients of this recipe. To make this sauce, you need to get fresh garlic. As the name says, you can’t prepare this sauce without this ingredient.
Just like garlic, the egg is another key ingredient of this preparation. In simple words, eggs can make this aioli creamy and delicious. Thus, this ingredient will give it a luxurious texture.
3. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice plays a crucial role to make this recipe more delicious. When you are preparing this sauce, make sure you are adding fresh lemons as they can give a tangy and acidic flavor.
4. Olive Oil
As we mentioned above, olive oil is another important ingredient in this recipe. Make sure you are using extra virgin olive oil here. Don’t use other oil instead of olive oil.
5. Dijon Mustard
Last but not least, dijon mustard is another essential ingredient for lemon garlic aioli. If you want to emulsify the sauce, make sure you use dijon mustard.
How to Prepare Lemon Garlic Aioli
After choosing the right ingredients, we have to focus on the main part of this article. As we noted above, preparing lemon garlic aioli sauce is easy. However, you need to follow some instructions. In the following, we are sharing the full recipe:
- First, you need to add eggs. However, make sure you are cracking room-temperature eggs. You need to use a jar with a wide mouth in this case.
- Next, you have to add other ingredients including lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic, and other ingredients. When you are adding these things, make sure you are not disturbing eggs.
- The next step of this preparation is adding oil. So, gently pour olive oil over the top of the mixture. Don’t whisk the mixture after adding oil.
- Now, you need to blend the mixture to make the perfect lemon garlic aioli However, you have to be extra careful in this step. If you are using an immersion blender to make it easier. Take the immersion blender and place it into the bottom of the jar. Start blending for 20 seconds until the jar turns white. Make sure you are not moving the jar while blending.
- When you are done with blending, you have to move the jar upward. Go up and down for a few minutes until the aioli turns smooth and creamy.
After completing these steps, make sure you are leaving the sauce for a few minutes. You can either use this aioli immediately or store it for future use. In the next section, we are sharing how to store this homemade sauce.
How to Store Lemon Garlic Aioli
As this sauce is very delicious, you can store it for some days. With proper instruction, you can enjoy this sauce with your favorite dishes. You can store this sauce as long as you can store mayo. In simple words, you can store lemon garlic aioli for more than 10 days if you are using a glass jar.
If you are thinking about freezing aioli, it’s not a good idea. That’s why we don’t suggest freezing. Even though you can use aioli after freezing, you have to pour off the extra liquid from this sauce.
How to Use Lemon Garlic Aioli
When it comes to using this sauce, many people make mistakes. It happens because aioli is not that popular like mayo. Well, we have some solutions. You can use this tangy and salty sauce with these recipes:
- Crab Cakes
- Baked Salmon
- Lobster Tail
- Rutabaga Fries
- Oven-Baked Asparagus
Tools You Need For This Recipe
Making lemon garlic aioli at home is very easy. Well, you need a couple of tools for this preparation. However, you can use other tools as per your requirements. If you want to store this garlic aioli, you need more containers.
- Immersion Blender – If you are a busy person, you need to use an immersion blender. Hence, this tool can make everything easier.
- Wide Mouth Jar – You need to choose a jar that can be compatible with the immersion blender. It will be easier if the jar has a wide mouth.
Finally, you know how to make the perfect lemon garlic aioli. We have shared the step-by-step instructions to prepare this recipe. Moreover, we have shared how to store this sauce as well. If you want to know about aioli, make sure you are doing your research on the internet.