In the beauty industry, a beauty blender is a type of makeup sponge with a unique shape and design. It is meant to apply liquid foundation, setting powder, and other cosmetics. Learning how to clean beauty blenders is crucial to retain their originality.
The use of the beauty blender has been growing in recent years due to its application efficiency. The shape of the makeup sponge allows it to cover more surface area when applied, and it can be used with all types of liquids.
The most common beauty blender type is “the stippling” or “sponge stippling.” This type has a round head that makes it easy to create an even layer without any streaks or patches.
The Different Types of Beauty Blenders
As there are many types of beauty blenders, possessing knowledge about how to clean beauty blenders pays a lot. They vary in shape, size, material, and color. (Valium) Their purpose is to apply and blend makeup without the use of hands. There are three beauty blenders: sponge, sponge with a handle, and brush.
- Sponge: It is a flat piece of material that usually has a round shape. It can be made from materials like metal or plastic that can be used wet or dry and is typically used for applying foundation or cream blush on the face.
- Sponge with a handle: This type has a handle that allows users to apply makeup with their hands while blending it with the help of the sponge tip.
- Brush: This type has bristles on its top surface which help users blend their foundation more efficiently than using their fingers alone.
How to Clean a Beauty Blender?
The beauty blender is a popular makeup tool many women use to apply foundation, concealer, and other makeup products. Cleaning is vital to ensure that the product lasts for a long time. The most crucial thing to perform while cleaning your beauty blender is to use soap. The soap will help you remove any dirt or bacteria from your sponge so it can be used repeatedly.
Suppose you want to keep your beauty blender clean for a long time. In that case, learn how to clean beauty blenders by following these steps:
- Rinse the sponge under cold water for about 30 seconds.
- Dampen the sponge with warm water.
- Squeeze out all the excess water from the sponge.
- Apply soap on the dry sponge and scrub gently in a circular motion.
- Rinse the sponge with cold water and then squeeze out all of the excess water.
- Place it on a towel to dry.
Using a Scrub Pad to Clean a Beauty Blender
How to clean beauty blenders using a scrub pad? Apart from using soap, you can also use a scrub pad to clean the beauty blender. The steps are as follows:
- Fill a bowl with approximately 2 inches of warm water.
- Add a little soap solution or mild shampoo and stir until completely dissolved.
- Dip your scrub pad into the solution and gently rub it on the beauty blender working in a circular motion for about 3 minutes or so, making sure you cover all areas, such as the head, shafts, and base.
- Rinse under cold water to remove any remaining residue or excess solution from your sponge.
- Let it dry completely before use.
Microwave the Beauty Blender to Maintain Hygiene Condition
Let me introduce you to the microwave method. It’s quick and all you need to sanitize your makeup sponges. Using a microwave to clean a beauty blender is similar to cleaning it in a washing machine that uses soap and hot water.
The benefit of using a microwave is that it kills any microorganisms growing on the sponge. But wait! You cannot just place the sponge on the tray, press start, and wait for the process to complete. You are bound to leave a mess behind if you do this.
The steps below will help you learn how to clean beauty blenders in a microwave without creating a mess.
- Use mild baby shampoo to prepare soap water solution in a microwave cup. Ensure that the cup has enough mixture to cover the sponge.
- Microwave the cup for about a minute.
- Remove the cup from the microwave. The soap mixture will turn into a liquid residue of the contents of the sponge, and the beauty blender will look new.
- Rinse the sponge after the water comes to room temperature. Next, wring the beauty blender under running water and keep it aside until it dries.
How Often Should You Wash Your Beauty Sponges?
Beauty sponges are an excellent tool for applying makeup. They can be used to apply foundation, concealer, powder, and other products. But they can also harbor bacteria and make your skin break out, and this why learning how to clean beauty blenders is vital. So, when should you wash your beauty sponges?
The answer depends on the type of sponge you use. If you use a sponge made of silicone or microfiber, you should wash them after every use or at least once per week. If you use a sponge made of nylon or polyester, you should clean them after every three uses or at least once per month.
How to Find the Right Kind of Beauty Blender for You?
When it comes to beauty blenders, there are many options available in the market. Finding the right one that suits your needs and budget is essential. If you want to find the right beauty blender for you, it is best to go through reviews and feedback of other people who have bought that beauty blender.
It is also important to know what kind of bristles are used on a particular type of beauty blender so that you can be sure that it will work well with your skin type and foundation. If you want to shop online and find the best price for a beauty blender, you can compare prices from different stores using price comparison websites.
Tips to Keep Your Beauty Blenders in Good Shape
Beauty blenders are usually considered one of the most critical tools in your makeup kit. However, if you want to keep your beauty blenders in good shape, follow these tips for the best results apart from implementing how to clean beauty blenders.
- If it has been used a lot, wash it in warm soapy water and dry it naturally before use.
- Keep your blender in a dry place, as humidity can cause bacteria to grow more quickly.
- Avoid using metal utensils on the surface of your blender. Metal will scratch the surface of the blender and shorten its lifespan.
You learned how to clean beauty blenders using different methods. Now, it’s time for you to clean your sponges and rid them of their accumulated contents. Next, ensure the beauty blender is clean and safe for use. Likewise, follow the tips to keep your blenders in good shape for extended life!