It’s an undisputed fact that using prescription vitamin C topically can improve the appearance of the skin. Vitamin C can invigorate skin cells and treat discolouration, firm the skin and boost collagen production. That said, it’s also one of the more challenging skincare ingredients to formulate ideally—and one of the most poorly developed products in this area can make everything worse than if you didn’t use any at all. Below, you’ll get the list of the best vitamin c serum.
To help you navigate the vast array of Vitamin C Serum products and decide which one is right for your skin, we’ve rounded up some of the best vitamin C serums available on the market. These serums are not only highly effective but also tend to be gentle on sensitive skin and dermatologist-recommended.
Best Vitamin C serums available on the market
1. SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic
The SkinCeuticals vitamin C serum is a must-have for your daily skincare routine. This serum will help you minimize the appearance of fine lines and rough, dry skin. SkinCeuticals developed the CE Ferulic formula with industry-leading technology to provide adequate antioxidant protection that helps correct signs of ageing and environmental damage. The combination of vitamin C, vitamin E, and ferulic acid in this serum is highly effective at neutralizing free radicals. Moreover, the antioxidants in this serum also protect against UV-induced oxidative damage that causes the premature ageing associated with sun exposure.
- The formula has been proven to reduce visible sun damage caused by ultraviolet radiation, ozone, and diesel exhaust.
- Just one drop of C E Ferulic brightens and evens out your skin tone so that it appears more radiant.
- Easily absorbed, this vitamin C serum can remain effective for 72 hours.
- Paraben-free and suitable for normal, dry, and sensitive skin types.
- Tested suitable for use post-lumbo facial laser treatment procedures.
How to Use?
- Apply product in the morning.
- Use four to five drops of serum on your face, neck, and chest.
- Rub in with your fingertips until the product is absorbed.
2. TruSkin Vitamin C Serum for Face
Prepare to look vibrant and feel reenergized, all with one of the best Vitamin C serums. TruSkin hydrating serum is blended with hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, and vitamin E to plump, brighten, and improve the skin’s overall health. It glides onto the skin easily and absorbs quickly. Feel your skin drink this serum right up, starting from the very first application.
- Great for people not wanting parabens, sulfates, or synthetic colors in their face serum.
- A plant-based formula containing vitamins, botanicals, and oils, it is antioxidant face serum.
- Leaping Bunny has certified this product as cruelty-free. With their stamp of approval, you can shop with confidence.
- If you’re not satisfied, you have 90 days to return it for a full refund.
3. Paula’s Choice BOOST C15 Super Booster
Designed to give you results you can see, this serum is a lightweight, liquid formula with pure vitamin C. It helps diminish the signs of ageing and reveals a more radiant complexion. You can add a few drops to your moisturizer or serum for brightening benefits on demand.
- It contains skin-replenishing ingredients and an assortment of skin-stabilizing antioxidants
- The lightweight serum helps improve the appearance of uneven skin tone, brightening a dull complexion
- Helps skin protect against environmental assaults
- It helps limit photoaging and minimize and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- It gives you the benefits of professional in-office treatment at home, making it one of the best Vitamin C serums.
- Visible radiance, smoothness, hydration, and suppleness
How to use it?
- Apply 2-3 drops to your hands.
- Apply to face, neck, and chest.
- Let it sit on your face for a few minutes.
- Use a moisturizer with SPF 30 or greater at the end of the day.
4. Maelove Glow Maker
Maelove Glow Maker is a powerful antioxidant serum containing over 20 plant-derived ingredients to protect the skin from free radicals. It also fights wrinkles and fine lines by increasing skin elasticity and decreasing the appearance of large pores. Its moisturizing formula gives the skin the hydration it needs without clogging pores, leaving your skin brighter and healthier-looking. It features ingredients that restore and protect your skin’s natural moisture balance while also protecting it against environmental damage.
- It consists of a proprietary blend of botanicals that gives nourishing properties to the skin.
- Packed with vitamins and minerals known to affect the structure of the skin positively.
- Made using salicylic acid and sulfur that remove dead skin cells from your skin’s top layer and prevent acne.
Its hydrating ingredients, such as collagen, help support optimal skin elasticity and help cushy skin pop. Moreover, Vitamin C supports collagen synthesis, which leads to firmer, whiter-looking skin. Best of all, this serum is free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, and synthetic fragrances and thus considered as the best Vitamin C serums by many.
5. RevitaliftDerm Intensives Vitamin C Serum by L’Oreal Paris
Replenishing your skin can be a snap. The RevitaliftDerm Intensives Vitamin C Serum helps even out your skin tone, fades dark spots, and smooth fine lines and texture. This super-powered serum features 10% ascorbic acid, the highest proven concentration of vitamin C recommended by dermatologists. And since it’s designed for day use, it’s lightweight enough to spread quickly over your entire face and neck.
- Vitamin C cream delivers the ultimate in radiance-boosting and wrinkle-fighting ingredients
- Infused with Hyaluronic Acid for added hydration retains moisture in your face.
- Considered to be the best Vitamin C serums, you may even notice a visible difference in skin after just 30 days
- It helps neutralize free radicals, which leads to lessen the visible signs of aging
- Formulated without water to protect the integrity, potency, and efficiency of ingredients
- Ultra-lightweight and designed for all skin types
- Paraben-free, mineral oil-free, dye-free, and formulated without fragrance, it is non-comedogenic
Dermatologists recommend Revitaliftderm intensives serum for quality, safety, efficacy, and results. Perfect for use after cleansing in the morning and evening or under make-up throughout the day. Applied day and night, this serum visibly resurfaces the look of fine lines, dark spots, discolouration, and redness.
6. Avya Skincare Anti-Aging Power Serum
Deepika Vyas, MD, and TanujNakra, MD created Avya Skincare after their own frustrating experiences with finding skincare lines catered to people of colour. Their line includes serums, lotions, and a gentle cleanser for sensitive skin types. Avya anti-ageing power serum is filled with all of the ingredients they believe are essential for maintaining healthy and youthful skin. The main ingredients include hyaluronic acid to help hydrate, vitamin C to brighten, and Niacinamide to reduce pore size.
- An anti-ageing serum that helps resurface, soften, smooth, and brighten the skin for a more youthful appearance.
- Boosts radiance, repairs age spots and skin concerns tightens the skin and controls excess oil.
- Fights free radicals, stimulates skin collagen production, and reduces fine lines for firmer, more youthful skin.
- The composition of hyaluronic acid and other antioxidants plump the skin, help it retain moisture, and reduce inflammation.
- It utilizes innovative laboratory technology and all-natural ingredients to deliver medical-grade results for flawless skin.
This oil-free serum has an advanced delivery system with unique encapsulated retinol to give you maximum anti-ageing benefits. It combines the best of what nature has to offer and what science can deliver to reverse the signs of ageing. The product is water-based and incredibly lightweight. It absorbs well and leaves my skin feeling smooth.
7. Clinique Fresh Pressed 7-day System with Pure Vitamin C
One of the best Vitamin C serums, this product is a daily regimen that’s simple and convenient to use. Each morning, you simply add the powder cleanser to water, gently massage it onto your skin, then rinse it away. Toward the end of the day, you can merely apply whatever moisturizer you usually use as a base layer for your fresh serum. With no greasy residue, it leaves skin perfectly prepped for the rest of your regimen. Both are infused with 10 per cent L-ascorbic acid, a vitamin C derivative that works overtime as a brightener and overall skin revitalizer.
- Lightweight and soothing, this 7-day system works in harmony with skin to complement your natural renewal cycle.
- The power of vitamins A, C, and E help protect against environmental damage. Additionally, an indulgent blend of botanicals soothes, soften, and condition the complexion.
- Revitalizing benefits that help invigorate dull, tired-looking skin, giving it an instant fresh and youthful glow.
- This best Vitamin C serum comes in an atravel-sized kit to give you what you need to freshen up and refocus or de-stress.
Turn back the hands of time with Clinique’s revolutionary anti-ageing serum. It works with your skin’s natural rhythms to control moisture, reduce oil and balance the pH level to reawaken freshness throughout the entire week. Results are immediate: skin that looks fresher, brighter, and younger. Besides, skin appears firmer, more even-toned, and smoother, with visibly diminished lines and wrinkles with continued use.
A quality Vitamin C serum can turn the skin back the clock to a more beautiful appearance. When you find the right one for you, your skin will look like it is glowing from the inside out.