Apple Pay is a contactless payment method that allows you to make monetary transactions for goods and services with your phone. It also allows you to make secure payments via any debit or credit card you add to your Apple wallet. It is a default payment card you can use while making payments at a retail store in the U.S.
Apple Pay helps you make secure payments through the iOS, iPad OS, and WatchOS apps. You may need to remove your Apple Card from Apple Pay at any time. There can be diverse reasons for removing payment cards. For example, you no longer require the card, or your card has been stolen or cancelled. Well, in this post, we will take a walkthrough of how to remove a card from Apple Pay through various methods.
Bookmark these ways to Remove a Card from Apple Pay
Let’s discuss the key ways of removing a card from Apple Pay via iPhone.
1) Use a Wallet App
- Open the wallet app on your iPhone and select the card you want to remove.
- Go to the bottom right corner and tap on “info” option.
- Tap the option of removing the card. You will find this option at the bottom of the screen.
- Confirm the option of removing the card. Congratulations! You have successfully removed the card from Apple Pay.
2) Use iPhone settings to remove the card from Apple Pay
Do you want to learn another method to remove the card via iPhone? We can do this via our iPhone settings.
- Go to settings on your iPhone. Scroll below and explore the Apple Pay option. Now, tap on the Wallet and Apple Pay options.
- You will see the diverse card options in the list. You can remove the card from the list if you want.
- At the bottom, you will see the option to remove the card and confirm your action.
How do you remove the card from Apple Pay via Apple Watch?
You can remove the card via Apple Watch. Follow the below-mentioned process to check out the details.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Go to the “My Watch tab” and tap on it.
- Choose the card that you want to remove.
- Now, press the remove card option and confirm your decision.
How do I remove my card via Macbook Pro?
We can remove the card from Apple Pay using the Macbook Pro option.
- Go to System Preferences from the Apple Menu.
- Click on the Apple ID icon in the system preference menu.
- Now click on Wallet and Apple Pay.
- On the left-hand side, select a device.
- Now, click the remove or remove all option at your convenience.
- Confirm that you want to remove the card. Now, it will take some time to remove the card. Wait until the operation is complete.
How do I remove an Apple Card from my wallet?
Follow these steps to remove card from your wallet, opt for these steps.
- Go to the settings option on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Wallet and Apple Pay options.
- Locate and select the Apple Cash Card.
- Tap on Remove this Card, and confirm this action if required.
How do I remove the card via iCloud.com Settings?
If you want to remove the card from Apple Pay, you can easily go to iCloud.com settings.
- Choose a desktop browser on your Mac or Windows PC, and go to iCloud.com.
- Enter your Apple ID and password to log into the account.
- Go to the account settings option on the main screen. However, if the main screen is not visible, you can click on the Apple ID name in the top-right corner. Now, choose the corresponding option from the pop-up menu.
- Click on a device underneath “The Heading My Device.
- Now, click on “Remove, or Remove All Cards. Now, click on remove to confirm the operation.
- Congratulations! You have removed the card from Apple Pay successfully.
How to Remove Card from Apple Pay: Other Options
We can easily exercise other options to remove the card. Some of the important options are listed below.
1) Sign Out of iCloud
If you are in an instant and want to remove the card from Apple Pay, the simplest way is to sign out of iCloud. As soon as you sign out of iCloud, you will see that all payments and transit cards are removed instantly. However, signing in to iCloud will require two-step verification. These cards will not work until you sign in again by using two-factor authentication.
2) Disable Face ID, Touch ID, and Passcode
If you turn off the Face ID or Touch ID authentication process on your iPhone or iPad, you can remove the card. Apart from this, even if you remove a passcode device from your iOS device or Apple Watch, all the Apple Pay credit, debit, and prepaid cards will be removed from the account.
3) Contact Apple Support
If you want to remove your card, you can contact Apple Customer Support. This can be done via chat, email, and phone.
So, we hope you have seen the different ways to remove cards from Apple Pay. You can choose any particular option to remove the card. All the options are quite easy to perform. You can let us know if you still face any difficulty in the comment section. We will be happy to help you out.
Hi, This is Bharat Divya, a post-graduate in English. Found a natural flair for writing from the very beginning. Divya loved giving voice to the natural inclination towards writing. Joined the content writing industry and explored her passion in diverse ways. Her passion for weaving thoughts into words is innate and gives wings to her imagination. She loves to pen down writing in different niches like fashion, beauty, food, celebrity lifestyles, and many more.