Tequila is a distilled beverage and type of alcoholic drink made from the blue agave plant, primarily found in the province enveloping the city of Tequila in Jalisco, Mexico. The drink has distinct color and flavor because it is aged in oak barrels. It’s bottled with at least 40% alcohol by volume (ABV). There are many benefits of tequila, which we will see here today.
Tequila and Weight Management
Tequila is a popular alcoholic drink in Mexico and has been shown to help people lose weight. Tequila can be used as an alternative to other beverages like wine or beer that are high in calories, leading to weight gain. This is because it contains the same amount of calories as other alcoholic drinks. However, tequila is made from the agave plant, which releases fructose slowly into the bloodstream and helps with weight loss.
How Much Alcohol in A Shot of Tequila?
A standard shot glass will contain about 1 ounce or 30 ml, which equals about 37 ml or 40% alcohol by volume (ABV). This means that one shot will have about 110 calories if made with 100% agave.
What are the Benefits of Drinking Tequila?
Some of the benefits of tequila are that it can help with weight loss, reduce inflammation, improve memory function, and prevent cancer.
There are many benefits of tequila, but the most well-known one is that it can help with weight loss. The research done on the effects of tequila on weight loss and a few studies shows that it can be helpful in this way. (buy modafinil new zealand)
The main reason is that alcohol contains a high amount of calories, and tequila has more calories than other types of alcohol. Therefore, if you drink tequila instead of different types of alcohol, you will consume fewer calories and lose weight. Others include:
- Digestion: Of the different benefits of tequila, consuming it in an appropriate quantity helps in digestion improvement. According to a few studies, consuming a shot of tequila before a meal helps in revving up the appetite and metabolism, and a single shot after eating a meal for better digestion.
- Probiotic in Nature: You might have heard about probiotics and their importance. If not, a probiotic is a healthy bacterium that populates in our intestines. They are why we have an excellent immune system, which aids in good overall health. Some of the ingredients from which tequila is made contain these good bacteria. That said, we are speaking about consuming only a small amount of the drink. Drinking heavily results in the opposite and removes the presence of the probiotics from the immune system.
- Prebiotic: The first thing you need for good bacteria to reside in our immune system is the environment. Here, the prebiotic comes into work, preparing the groundwork for the healthy bacterium to live. According to a few studies, consuming tequila in the right quantity helps create an environment in the intestines that promote the growth of healthy bacteria.
- Fight Against Osteoporosis: Benefits of tequila do not end at improving digestion! According to a study, tequila ingredients promote an environment that makes it easy for the body to absorb calcium. It is essential to remember that calcium is a vital source of a healthy skeletal structure. Without a proper portion of calcium in the body, you will develop fragile and brittle bones.
- Prevents Type 2 Diabetes: If you have diabetes, chances are that you can consume tequila every now and then. It is because the fructans become non-digestible, which turns into a fiber. Because of this, you will avoid blood sugar spikes and insulin production stimulation. However, consulting a doctor is advisable before consuming tequila to understand how well it can suit your diabetic condition.
- Lowers Dementia: According to a BBC report, people who consume alcohol (including tequila) correctly or in the required quantity have a lower chance of developing dementia. Nonetheless, be advised that excessive consumption of the same has a severe reverse effect and speeds up dementia.
- Transfer Medicines to Colon: Many people have Crohn’s Disease, Colitis, and IBS. The fructans present in tequila are a boost to these people, as it transports the medicine they consume to the colon by getting past the stomach acids. Due to this, discovery is being made to utilize the fructans present in tequila prescription medicines to cure these diseases.
- Prevents Insomnia: Among the different benefits of tequila, preventing insomnia is of significant help to people. Given the stress levels and anxiety that people suffer in today’s world, consuming a shot or two of tequila will produce a relaxing effect by calming the nerves. In addition, those who find it hard to achieve good sleep will benefit from the drink. However, depending solely on tequila to unwind and sleep properly is not advisable.
- No Hangover: You will never experience a handover if you consume it within limits. And it is possible only when you drink 100% agave tequila. Consuming cheaper brands will soon knock you out because they contain sugar.
5 Reasons Why You Need to Drink More Tequilas
Tequila is a strong distilled alcoholic beverage derived from the blue agave plant, a plant native to Mexico. It’s made by cooking the agave juice in water for about 2 hours and then adding yeast to convert the sugars into alcohol.
There are five reasons why you need to drink more to enjoy the benefits of tequila:
- Tequila has been around for over 300 years. It has been used as medicine, in religious ceremonies, and as a way of life.
- You can find it in drinks such as margaritas, shots, or even cocktails like Tequila Sunrise.
- It’s made with 100% natural ingredients, which means it has no artificial flavors or colors.
- It is also made with 100% natural agave nectar. The alcohol is produced through fermentation, so it’s much lower in calories.
- Tequila drinkers have a lower risk of heart disease.
The benefits of tequila are many, such as reducing stress levels and improving sleep quality. If you are looking to get drunk, tequila can help with that as well. In conclusion, drinking tequila is a great way to have fun and benefit your health at the same time.