In recent studies, it has been proven that the importance of sleep is linked to a lower risk of getting heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and obesity. Not only is getting enough sleep good for your overall health but it is also linked to your brain functioning and memory. If you are someone who has trouble sleeping then you probably are also someone who does not have the best amount of energy that they can have. Having a lack of energy can lead to a lot of problems including being late for work and not having the mental sharpness to be successful with your job. Lets find out what you can eat to sabotage your sleep here.
Several ways of having the proper amount of sleep can help improve your overall health and help you be more successful at your job. Research has shown that people who get an adequate amount of sleep are less likely to have a bad day at work and are more alert during the day. Sleep also helps to recharge the chemicals in your body that are used during the day. Many people believe that a lack of sleep can lead to weight gain, but research has shown that a lack of sleep may cause weight loss instead. Also, do you know that whatever you eat can also cause you to be sleepless? There are types of unhealthy foods that can lead you to fall asleep.
First, you need to think about what you eat. It is necessary to maintain a healthy diet. What you eat will affect your mood throughout the day and even affect your ability to wake up in the morning. Even if you eat healthily, you can still be affected by what you don’t eat. A diet with lots of fat, high calories, and simple carbohydrates can make it difficult to sleep at night.
Aromatherapy To The Rescue
You can also try aromatherapy for getting proper sleep. Essential oils are known to provide relaxation to the mind and help it to calm down. Aromatherapy is based on using certain scents to heal the body, mind, and emotions. There are usually three ways to benefit from essential oils: inhalation, exhalation, and ingestion. The best way to inhale is by using a steam vaporizer, which is very popular with aromatherapists. Some essential oils are light enough to inhale; however, some of these heavier scents may burn your nasal passages if inhaled in the nostrils. Take care not to ingest essential oils. When ingested, some of the oils remain in the digestive tract and pass into your bloodstream, but most enter your bloodstream as a vapor through exhaling.
What To Eat And How
- Eating several small meals each day can help you feel satisfied and calm. These smaller meals give your body time to settle down and stop eating right before you need it. Smaller meals also allow your stomach to become more functional. You will be able to hold your food down longer, which allows your body to fill your stomach quickly at mealtime. This way, you won’t be trying to empty it as soon as you get up. If you prefer to stay up late at night, having smaller dinners and snacks can help you stay up later.
- Snacks should be limited to one or two per meal. This can be a healthy choice since you will be saving some carbohydrates. You should also keep in mind that the timing for your snacks will be important. Have them as close to bedtime as possible. You will need to have the energy to start your day and stay awake.
Foods Sabotaging Your Sleep
It can be hard to know what type of food ruins your sleep but knowing when to avoid it is even harder. Some foods cause restless leg syndrome. Some even make it worse. Knowing which ones to avoid will help you sleep better at night.
- Legumes are something that can cause restless leg syndrome. They contain a chemical that keeps you alert. They are also rich in fiber, which helps keep you from passing gas while you are sleeping. However, these foods can also cause several different symptoms, such as headaches and blurred vision.
- One thing to stop doing is eating a large meal just before you go to bed. Eating large meals just before you go to sleep is one of the main causes of SLS. Your sleep will be ruined if you consume a large amount just before you go to bed. Try splitting up the meal into several smaller meals.
- The chemicals that are found in fast foods can cause restless leg syndrome. Processed meats also affect your health, especially if you eat them very often. If you want to get more energy and to feel better all day, you should eat fresh fruits and vegetables. You can also try to drink plenty of water during the day to keep yourself hydrated and to prevent the chemicals from affecting your body.
- Your Sleep can be permanent if you consume alcoholic beverages. Even though it may taste good, alcohol can dehydrate you, which can lead to SLS. It can also cause fatigue and lack of energy. If you must drink alcoholic beverages, choose light wine or reduce the amount you consume.
- Caffeine can keep you awake. If you consume coffee, tea, or chocolate, limit your consumption. You should also avoid soda and other drinks containing caffeine.
- A low-nutrient diet can cause you to have restless legs syndrome. You should also avoid eating large meals. Eating smaller meals more often can help you feel better. If you must eat large meals, choose lean meats and fruits.
Apart from taking care of these, you must also make sure that your bedding is perfect. You can try duvets instead of normal blankets for your weight loss and also you can add duvet covers for ultimate comfort. A duvet cover is a fabric pouch that is either buttoned or chained down at the end which helps keep the duvet protected.
So, take note of the above-mentioned points and we are sure a few among them would work to keep you free from all sorts of sleep issues.