Planning for dental implant treatment or Dental Implantation? As the dental implant is a process that involves the placement of artificial tooth roots, it has several procedures done over several months.
However, as these implants feel like real teeth it is very important to find the right dentist in Boronia to offer you the best service.
Besides, there are also several things that need consideration before carrying out the process.
So before you carry out your dental implantation procedure, here are some requirements that you need to fulfil.
- Get a Thorough Dental Examination
The very first thing you require to fulfil before the dental implant is to get your examination done. It allows a dentist to decide whether or not a patient is a good candidate for dental implants. Besides, it also helps the dentist to develop a better suitable treatment plan.
Based on the findings of the evaluation, the dentist will carry out a treatment plan that is tailored to the patient’s needs.
The dentists or the person in charge will first require to make the patient walk through the treatment plan and provide them tips on how to get ready for each surgery.
- If Antibiotics are Required, Start Treatment Right Away
Another requirement to fulfil is to consider immunosuppressive medicines. This may be helpful if you receive a medical implant or organ transplant to prevent the body from attacking the implants.
Antibiotics act as a replacement immune system. Therefore, it must be taken prior to the placement of dental implants.
- Pre-Surgery Instructions
The way you care for your teeth and gums before dental implant surgery is just as important as any other stage. Your dentist will provide you with detailed pre-surgery instructions such as :
- On the day of surgery, you need to have a hearty breakfast. If you’re getting a sedative for your surgery, then your dentist in Boronia will ask you to consume anything the night before.
- In the coming days of your dental implant, you’ll be asked to use a specific antimicrobial mouthwash.
- If you’re having oral surgery done under general anaesthesia, you’ll need to fast for 12 hours before the implant. Also, you’ll be required to dress in loose comfortable attire.
- If Required, Prepare the Jaw
If the jaw cannot correctly attach the implant for whatever reason, the dentist will repair the jaw’s structure in either of the following ways :
- If your jaw is too thin or soft to hold an implant, the dentist will require you to perform a bone graft.
- If required, the dentist will smooth or reshape the jaw.
- If the jaw is overly large, the dentist will require to remove some bone from the jaw.
- Also if the dentist finds any impacted teeth, the dentist will need to remove them.
Take Some Time and Get Treated by the Best Dentist
No doubt, these days there are several dentists available but not every dentist can offer you the best services. For this reason, it is very important to take some time, do some research and then opt for any dentist.
Remember to go through the dentist qualification, experience, service quality, facilities offered as well as customer service.