Have you ever woken up and felt like you haven’t slept a wink? Maybe it’s because your sheets didn’t do their job. But bamboo is not the only material used in making bedding these days, so don’t worry! There are other options out there that can help make sure you get a good night’s sleep every single night. Let’s see the reasons why good quality sleep is important.
The benefits of sleep
The following are just some of the reasons why good sleep is important:
- Improved mood.
- Increased ability to focus and concentrate.
- Better decision-making skills when solving problems in life, school, or work.
Sleep deprivation has been linked to depression, suicide, and even violence due to poor judgment when people don’t get enough sleep! Not getting enough sleep can also cause you to overeat because your body craves nutrients it didn’t receive while you were sleeping instead of resting for hours on end. This can lead to weight gain which causes even more health issues like diabetes (type II) heart disease etc…
How to get better quality sleep
Now that you understand how important good sleep is, let’s get into the more practical tips on getting better quality sleep.
- Make sure your bamboo sheets are clean and free of allergens like dust mites.
- Blackout curtains or shades for windows to keep sunlight out if it’s too bright outside in the morning when trying to fall asleep at night. This will help regulate our circadian rhythm, which helps us stay awake during daytime hours and be sleepy at nighttime, so we can have a full restful cycle every single night! You’ll also want some bamboo pillows or bamboo sheets to help you sleep better, too.
- You should also avoid using electronic devices for at least an hour before going to bed, and instead, read a book or do something else that doesn’t involve staring at a bright screen for long periods of time which can confuse our brains into thinking it’s day time when in reality we need restful sleep! So make sure everything is turned off from the blue light emitting from screens, so you don’t stay up late scrolling through social media and not get enough quality shut-eye! If you’re still having problems sleeping because of stress, anxiety, etc… then maybe meditation could be helpful if done right (a lot of people complain that they just end up falling asleep.
- Sticking to a schedule is the best way to get better quality sleep! If you have plans in the morning, it’s probably time for bed so that you aren’t getting just four hours of rest before having to wake up and face another day.
- Try relaxing with some herbal tea or light reading before turning off all electronic devices (cell phones are proven disruptors of melatonin production) about 30 minutes prior to hitting the hay, so you don’t stay up too late wasting time on social media when what you really need is good quality sleep which will help increase productivity during waking hours. This means no caffeine after 12 noon either!
What are the consequences of not getting enough sleep?
Not getting enough sleep has been linked to the following:
- Overeating can cause weight gain.
- Depression and anxiety.
- Poor decision-making skills when it comes to school, work, or life in general (accidents are more likely).
It’s also proven that losing just one hour of sleep per night for a week straight makes you as cognitively impaired as if you had stayed up all night! It doesn’t take much time without restful sleep before your body starts feeling lethargic because your brain isn’t working at its best either. This is why good bamboo cooling sheets are important too, since even though bamboo sheets don’t help us fall asleep faster like other types of sheets, the bamboo sheets help keep our body at a comfortable temperature, so we can get better quality sleep.
Tips for improving your sleeping habits
It is all the more important that you try to get a good night’s sleep when it means your performance at work will suffer. Here are some tips for improving your sleeping habits:
- Put your phone away at least an hour before sleeping.
- Don’t eat large meals before going to bed, as this could cause you discomfort during the night.
- Find a comfortable pillow and position for yourself in order to get undisturbed sleep all through the night.
Ways to make your bedroom more comfortable and inviting
- If you can, do something about the lighting in your bedroom. Get rid of those harsh lights and replace them with softer lighting to create a more soothing effect for getting ready to sleep at night and waking up in the mornings.
- Keep things as still as possible when sleeping by ensuring that there is no noise or distractions coming from the outside or inside your house.
- Make sure you have the appropriate temperature in your bedroom by getting rid of extra blankets if it is too hot or putting on an extra layer if it is too cold.
- Make sure to keep your room tidy and clean, as this can help with inviting positive energy into the space that will benefit your sleep quality more than anything else.
Things that can disrupt your sleep patterns
Noise from outside or inside your house can definitely disrupt your sleep. Some people are more sensitive to noise than others, so do what you need to in order to get rid of the distractions and create a peaceful sleeping area for yourself.
If you have been working on something all day, then try not to think about it before going into bed because this could keep you up at night worrying about how much work is still left undone.
Keep away from drinking caffeinated drinks within four hours of going to bed, as these will just keep you awake without fail, no matter how tired you feel when getting ready for sleep time.
Poor sleep can lead to an increased risk of chronic diseases, weight gain, and even death. If you want to live a healthy life without the negative effects that come with poor quality sleep, take our advice on how to get better quality rest. We hope these tips help you find your way back into good sleeping habits!