Including a salad in your diet can be very beneficial. However, when it comes to preparing the salad, it can be difficult sometimes. Well, there are several recipes available such as quinoa chickpea salad. If you are having a second thought about this recipe, we are here to help you out.
You see, this salad is getting popular nowadays. Many people eat it because of the benefits of quinoa. Plus, chickpeas and other ingredients are also good for our health. In the following, we are sharing how to make a perfect quinoa chickpea salad. Plus, we will also cover how to store this salad and other related things. So, let’s get started.
Before we start talking about the proper method of preparing this recipe, you need to know about the ingredients. In the following list, we are sharing the ingredients for preparing quinoa chickpea salad.
Chickpea is one of the key ingredients of this preparation. To make this salad, you need fresh chickpeas. However, cooking chickpeas takes a lot of time. If you are busy and can’t do it, you can use canned chickpeas.
Quinoa is the base ingredient of quinoa chickpea salad. Well, when it comes to choosing quinoa, you can choose any type. There are different types of quinoa available in the market such as tri-color, red, white, and black.
3. Cherry Tomatoes
When you are making a salad, cherry tomatoes are another crucial ingredient. Hence, these tomatoes can add an extra flavor to this recipe. If you can’t get cherry tomatoes for this dish, you can use normal tomatoes as well.
4. Bell Pepper
Just like cherry tomatoes, bell pepper is another essential ingredient for this salad. Plus, bell pepper can give this recipe a colorful look. You can use any color of bell paper for this recipe. Choosing red and yellow bell pepper can be the best choice.
5. Red Onion
Red onion can be the game-changer of this recipe. If you want to make this salad crunchy, make sure you are adding the red or yellow onion. Make sure you are adding fresh red onions.
If you want to make a fresh quinoa chickpea salad, you need to add cucumber. Plus, this ingredient can give a different flavor to this salad. Don’t forget to choose fresh cucumbers to prepare this recipe.
7. Feta Cheese
This salad is incomplete without feta cheese. This ingredient gives a rich and creamy texture. Plus, you can have a tangy flavor as well. If you prefer vegan salad, make sure you are choosing vegan feta cheese.
8. Olive Oil
Last but not least, olive oil is one of the essential ingredients of this recipe. Besides fresh parsley and feta cheese, olive oil can give this salad an amazing flavor. Some people also use white balsamic vinegar or red wine instead of olive oil.
How to Prepare Quinoa Chickpea Salad
Now, you know what ingredients you need to use for preparing quinoa chickpea salad. In the following, we are covering the step-by-step method to make this recipe. Let’s find out:
- First, rinse quinoa and combine it with water. Start boiling the mixture at medium heat. After a few minutes, reduce the heat and maintain a good simmer. Make sure you are cooking it uncovered.
- When the quinoa has absorbed all the water, decrease the heat before turning off the stove. Give five minutes to fluff up.
- Next, you have to combine chickpeas and other vegetables. If you are not using canned chickpeas, make sure you are cooking it first.
- Take a big bowl and combine well-chopped cucumbers, bell pepper, onion, and cherry tomatoes. On the other hand, you need to take another small bowl for mixing olive oil, garlic, salt, vinegar, and lemon juice. Make sure you are using essential tools for this recipe.
- When quinoa is fluffy and cool, slowly add it to the big serving bowl. Then, add the mixture to a small bowl.
- Next, you need to mix everything to make the perfect quinoa chickpea salad. Toss it until everything mixes well. Make sure you are seasoning it with fresh parsley and black pepper.
- When it’s done, you need to leave it for the next five minutes before serving. It will give the best flavor.
You see, making this salad is very easy. You just need to follow the right instruction. If you want to store quinoa salad for a few days, we are sharing how to store it for future use.
How to Store Quinoa Chickpea Salad
The best thing about quinoa salad is you can store it for some days. If you are following the right method, you can store it for a week. For example, you can prepare quinoa chickpea salad on the weekend and use it throughout the week. To store this salad, you can use an airtight container. Make sure you are refrigerating it. So, you can use quinoa salad for at least 4-5 days.
Tools to Use This Salad
Now, you know how to prepare a perfect quinoa chickpea salad and what ingredient you need. However, you need to use some particular tools to make this recipe.
- Citrus Juicer
If you want to add lemon to this recipe, a citrus juicer can be very helpful. A citrus juicer can make everything easier. Thus, you can save a lot of time.
- Food Processor
A food processor can also be beneficial when you are making this salad. If you have a food processor, make sure you are using it for this recipe.
- Baking Sheet
A baking sheet is very essential when you are making quinoa salad. This tool is very helpful when you are roasting these vegetables.
Finally, you know how to make quinoa chickpea salad. We have covered the step-by-step instructions. Make sure you are reading each step before preparing this salad. Plus, you can also read what tools you can use to prepare this recipe. For more information, you can start your research on the internet.