It’s tough to lose your fat after pregnancy and you’ve worked so hard to put on the baby weight, so why does it seem as if some women can shed those pounds as if nothing happened. The answer is simple: They watch what they eat and exercise daily. They don’t sit around hoping they will lose their baby weight; they make plans to get rid of it. If this sounds like you, you are on the right track.
Post-pregnancy weight loss can seem like an uphill battle for many women. This is due in large part to pregnancy creating a state that inhibits healthy metabolic functioning, causing our bodies to become slower at processing food. Moms are also often tired, busy caring for their new baby, and trying to keep up with household chores. In order to lose this baby weight, it is important to know what you are up against and how to prevent your body from regaining the weight or fat after pregnancy.
Importance of Walk exercise:
One of the best exercises for weight loss after pregnancy is walking. It burns calories, tones your legs and belly, and works your midsection, hips, butt, thigh muscles, and calves. Walk briskly to increase the intensity of the workout. Walk up hills for an added challenge. The incline provides a better workout by adding resistance to the workout. Walk in different neighborhoods to add variety, challenge your mind by puzzling out new routes, and meet other people. Walk with friends or family members for added motivation. Walk on a treadmill to track mileage more easily.
Walk exercise is of great importance during weight loss after pregnancy. Doctors recommend that women breastfeed for at least six months, so as to lose the pregnancy weight. They should not give up on breastfeeding because it is a great source of energy and nutrients for both mother and baby. Walk exercises will help shed those excess pounds that mothers put on during pregnancy by burning calories, toning your legs and belly, and working out your midsection, hips, butt, thigh muscles and calves. Walk briskly to increase the intensity of your workout.
Here are some tips on how to lose belly fat after pregnancy fast by walking:
- Get a good pair of supportive shoes: These are the biggest tip I can give you to help with losing your baby weight. There is nothing more important that supportive footwear! Also, if you wear flats often, invest in a quality pair of flats that feel comfortable, but offer some cushioning and support. You should be wearing a shoe that provides all-day support and cushioning to protect your joints from the impact of every step you take.
- Exercise regularly: Along with finding a supportive shoe, exercise is probably the most important thing you can do to lose your baby weight after pregnancy fast. Exercising every day is a great way to burn extra calories, keep your metabolism up, and tone muscles. Just because you have been sitting around taking care of the baby does not mean that your body has eased into a more natural state for this season in your life. You need to continue moving daily!
- Eat mostly vegetables: Vegetables are extremely low in calories but high in vitamins and minerals. They also contain fiber, which helps you to feel fuller throughout the day. Focus on eating lots of veggies, fruits, whole grains, lean meats, eggs, nuts/seeds, beans for protein. These foods are full of nutrients that will help you have energy all day long. Avoid processed foods, fried foods, refined sugars, and white flours.
- Eat small meals throughout the day: Keeping your blood sugar levels even helps to keep cravings away. Eating smaller amounts more often also helps ensure that you are providing your body with the nutrients it needs to keep going!
- Exercise your abdominal muscles: After pregnancy, our abs get a break and that is okay. However, you should not neglect exercising this area. Do some crunches while watching TV or do crunches while nursing the baby to work those muscles.
- Be patient: Losing weight takes time, even if you are doing everything right. If you need to lose more than 35 pounds, it is not going to happen overnight. So be kind to yourself and keep at it!
As new moms, we don’t have time to spend hours working out. Post-pregnancy weight loss is doable if you just incorporate these exercises into your daily routine and be patient. It might take some time but it’s worth it!