The world of medicines is quite vast, and some of the medicines are used to treat pain. We all will agree that science has progressed so much, and despite this fact, some medicines cannot be treated with this pain. In such a case, drugs like oxycodone often known as opioid medicines are often prescribed to those patients whose pain cannot be treated with other pain-relieving medications. Well, regarding oxycodone a question hits our mind- it is about how long oxycodone stays in your system. Let’s scroll this post to throw a light on the time duration of oxycodone in our body.
Let’s Take an Overview of How Long Oxycodone Stays in Your System
It won’t be an exaggeration in saying that oxycodone is a powerful painkiller medicine that will work fast to kill your pain. Well, people who want to avoid an overdose of oxycodone often want to know how long oxycodone stays in your system. So, let’s take a quick overview of the entire time in which oxycodone will last in your system. The time of oxycodone in your system depends on varied factors ranging from age, liver, and Kidney function, etc. So, let’s study these factors in-depth so that we can assure ourselves about the overall duration of oxycodone in our body.
Important Factors that Decide How Long Does Oxycodone Stay in Your System?
- Age: Age is one of the most important factors in deciding how long oxycodone will stay in our system. Young adults can clear the effects from their system fast as compared to old adults. This happens because of the blood plasma concentration in your blood because the level of this concentration is 15% higher as compared to the previous one.
- Gender: Gender is another important factor that aids us in deciding how long oxycodone stays in our system. The percentage of oxycodone is 25% higher than in healthy females as compared to males.
- The time for which you are taking Oxycodone: The next factor that will be accountable to decide how long Oxycodone will stay in your system is the total length of time you are consuming Oxycodone in your system. The contents of oxycodone can accumulate in the fatty tissues of your body. This signifies that if you are consuming oxycodone for a long time, it will take so much time to get clear from your system, and if you are taking it for less time, it will take less time to clear from your system.
- Alcohol Consumption: We all know that alcohol consumption is quite dangerous to one’s health. The same goes for the case of consuming oxycodone. If you consume alcohol, because of the effects of alcohol consumption on your body, it will take so much time to get clear from your body. Not only this, consuming alcohol especially whenever you take alcohol will lead to other negative impacts on your body.
5. Kidney Functions: One of the important factors that will affect the time of oxycodone is kidney impairment. If you are the one who is suffering from kidney impairment, it will become quite difficult to clear oxycodone from your entire system. As against it, if you have no kidney impairments, and your kidney functions well, oxycodone will get clear from your body easily.
6. Liver: The function of the liver in our body will also determine the overall duration of how long oxycodone stays in your system. If you are suffering from liver dysfunction, your body will take a long time to clear off the oxycodone from your body. As against it, if your liver is functioning well, oxycodone will not take enough time to get completely clear from your body.
7. Dose: Duration of Oxycodone will depend on the amount of the overall dose taken. For example, if you take an extended-release form, it will last for a long period in your system. Otherwise, it will not last for such a long time in your system.
8. Genetics: You will get surprised to know that genetics is also one of the notable factors on which the amount of oxycodone drug taken depends. It is just because of genetics that some people are capable of metabolising oxycodone quickly while others are not.
9. Formulation of Oxycodone: Some folks might not be aware that oxycodone comes in different formulations. These are available both in the short-form and as well as in the long form. If you have taken long-form oxycodone, it will last long in your entire body, and otherwise, it will last for a short time in your entire body.
The Bottom Lines:
So, we hope that you have cleared your concepts regarding how long the oxycodone will last in your system. Oxycodone is an extremely valuable pain-relieving drug and diverse factors will affect its overall duration in your body.
Hi, This is Bharat Divya, a post-graduate in English. Found a natural flair for writing from the very beginning. Divya loved giving voice to the natural inclination towards writing. Joined the content writing industry and explored her passion in diverse ways. Her passion for weaving thoughts into words is innate and gives wings to her imagination. She loves to pen down writing in different niches like fashion, beauty, food, celebrity lifestyles, and many more.