Everybody wants to be comfortable in what they wear. Clothes have a great impact on how we feel about ourselves. When you look good, you have confidence compared to when you think you’re not well dressed. Keep reading to find how clothes can impact on your self-esteem.
What is being “well dressed”?
Is wearing a nice fitting suit, gym attire, casual clothing, or pajamas being well dressed? The answer is neither yes nor no. It all depends on where you are and at what time you’re wearing it. When you’re well dressed, you look right for the occasion. But, how you dress can have a very huge impact on your self-esteem.
Well, in a formal setup, the choice of clothes you wear has an impact on your confidence. When you wear that perfectly fitting suit with a matching tie how do you feel? Confident, right? What about when you come in loose-fitting pants and an oversize shirt? Your confidence reduces. For you to feel good about yourself, you need to look decent in your formal wear.
Many people go with fashionable trends every time. They could be trendy wears such as the Ugg boots that are slowly making a comeback that you want to try out. Such trends make you have a feeling of belonging. You would want to get those ragged jeans because everybody is buying themselves one. Or is it those clothing labels for you?
When you follow trends and you are able to live by the trends, your self-esteem is a little bit on top. When you can’t keep up with the trends, you feel a little bit bad about yourself.
Styles for occasions
Any occasion you attend requires a certain style of fashion. You can’t wear suits on a field occasion or pool party. Instead, you would prefer to wear casual clothes. What you wear on any occasion will determine how confident you will be to socialize with people. When you’re sure that you are dressed well, you will have a stronger esteem.
Originality in clothing
How you believe in the clothes you wear determines how confident you are with them. Being original and sticking to it means that you believe in what you wear. Your esteem in turn becomes stronger and you believe in yourself.
Finding the right style
For any set up you need to know the main style or theme. You need the perfect style for a particular set up so that you feel great about yourself.
There are a lot of ways you can use to find the right style. This list should be a perfect guide in choosing a style that will make you feel confident about yourself.
- Pull ideas from others: don’t choose a style on your own. Get ideas from your favorite celebrities or fashion icons. This will boost the confidence you have in a particular outfit and you will be willing to wear it.
- Leave breathing space in your closet: you probably have a lot of clothes in your closet but you don’t wear all of them. These clothes waste a lot of time for you when it comes to choosing your clothes. Instead, give away clothes that you feel less confident when wearing. This will help you when choosing your style.
- Why do you love some clothes? You probably don’t know why. Knowing the reason will determine how confident you are when you wear them. If it’s a positive reason, this automatically boosts your esteem.
- Take a photo of your trademark style: this promotes originality and you get confident day by day. Because you are sure of how you look in your perfect style and would want to maintain that.
- Consider your account balance: if you are not sure about a certain style, you wouldn’t want to spend a lot of money on getting designer clothes. Alternatively, look for cheaper but good options regarding a certain style. This impacts your self-esteem greatly because you’ve not spent a lot. If it turns out as you expected, you will feel confident enough to purchase even more.
- Dress for your lifestyle: pick a style that well suits your lifestyle. You will be more confident that way. Don’t pressure yourself for going for trendy outfits that are not in line with your personality This will definitely shake up your esteem.
What you choose to wear has an impact on your self-esteem, personality, and confidence. If you feel more comfortable in what you wear, stick to that. Nevertheless, don’t stick to one place, be willing to learn about new trends. You never know what will work for you next.