The average age of conception has been on a steady decline for decades. This is mainly because it has become more difficult to conceive with age. Women must go through rigorous medical procedures and treatments to help them conceive. Acquiring knowledge on how to boost fertility in your 30s will help you plan accordingly.
The Facts on Fertility in Your 30s
One of the most essential things about fertility is that it declines with age. In your 20s, you will have at least a 30% chance of having a child. By age 29, this chance drops to less than 4%. This drop in fertility with age is true for both men and women.
A woman should understand these changes by the time she reaches 30 and work to improve her chances of conceiving. How to boost fertility in your 30s will give you information on the causes, what you can do to overcome them, and plan for pregnancy accordingly.
The causes of the decline in fertility with age are many and complicated. Some factors that lead to lowered fertility include:
- Loss of ovarian function: It affects about 90% of women by their late 30s
- Endometrial thickness: It can affect the chance of pregnancy through in vitro fertilization
Ovarian reserve or egg reserve is the health of other ovaries and the likelihood of successful egg extraction during in vitro fertilization. After age 30, it begins to decrease for both women and men. The ovary size also decreases with age, thus making it harder to reach a successful pregnancy.
This is also associated with the likelihood of a successful pregnancy through in vitro fertilization and an increase in the chances of preterm birth.
Lifestyle factors that affect fertility include:
- Smoking: It affects both men and women equally and reduces sperm production
- Excessive alcohol intake: It decreases fertility for men as well as women
- Obesity or overweight: Both are associated with a decrease in fertility
- Too little or too much exercise: Both are associated with a reduction in fertility
- Use of oral contraceptives: It has been associated with cervical mucus and cervical length and may affect the chances of becoming pregnant
- Constipation: It has been linked to infertility in men
What are the Most Common Causes of Infertility?
How to boost fertility in your 30s speaks about what one can include in their life to boost fertility. Infertility affects both men and women, a complex issue with many causes.
The most familiar cause of infertility in females is polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). In men, it may be due to low sperm count, problems with the testicle, or an obstruction in the vas deferens.
Infertility creates a significant impact on the quality of life and relationships. The emotional toll can be difficult to deal with, but there are ways you can manage your stress levels and find support from friends and family members.
How to boost fertility in your 30s?
Chances are that you might be struggling with fertility when you are in your 30s. Several ways can help you boost your fertility and get pregnant.
- Take a supplement to improve your egg quality
- Have sex more often
- Get enough sleep
- Avoid alcohol and smoking
- Eat healthy foods like vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and protein sources
- Reduce stress
- Limit caffeine intake
- Get enough exercise
- Increase intimacy with the partner
- Talk to someone about what’s going on in your life
How Can Men Boost Their Fertility?
How to boost fertility in your 30s requires you to follow certain factors in life. For men, they can increase their fertility by practicing these tips:
- Make sure to get enough sleep – Men should ensure they are getting enough sleep and not just sleeping for a few hours before work in the morning. For example, if a man is struggling with fertility, he should try to get at least 7 hours of sleep every night.
- Avoid alcohol – Men should avoid drinking alcohol because it can cause oxidative stress and damage the sperm cells, which causes male infertility.
- Manage stress – Stress has a significant role in male infertility because it affects hormone levels and increases oxidative stress in men. Therefore, men should manage their stress because if they don’t, they might struggle with fertility issues later in life when trying to have children.
- Quit smoking – Smoking affects the production of sperm cells, which is one of the causes of male infertility. Quitting smoking is one easy way for men to boost their fertility because they can get rid of any unwanted toxins and bad habits that are affecting their fertility.
- Get enough zinc – Zinc is an essential mineral that plays a vital role in male fertility. Men with lower fertility often have low levels of zinc in their blood, so men need to eat a healthy diet that includes food sources of zinc to improve their levels.
- Keep the weight off – Obesity can lead to many health issues. It can also affect a man’s chances of being able to have children later in life. In addition, research points out that obesity causes infertility. So, men must keep their weight in check. (Diazepam)
- Eat more plant-based foods – Vegetarians and vegans have been found to have lower fertility rates than meat eaters, which is another reason why men must eat a healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables.
- Keep your testosterone levels up – Testosterone is a male sex hormone that plays an essential role in keeping sperm cells alive. Hence, men need to ensure their levels are healthy.
How Can Women Boost Their Fertility?
How to boost fertility in your 30s significantly impacts a female lifestyle and how she can change it and boost fertility. Women often have a hard time conceiving because of their long menstrual cycles. But it doesn’t have to be this way. There are certain things that women can do to boost their fertility and increase their chances of getting pregnant.
There is no single solution for women to improve their fertility and get pregnant. Still, there are some general guidelines that they should follow to get the best results from these natural methods:
- Manage weight by eating healthy, exercising regularly, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Avoid alcohol as well as smoking cigarettes
- Take folic acid supplements
- Include vegetables and fruits as part of a healthy diet
- Get enough sleep each night
You learned how to boost fertility in your 30s.
Get started with the tips discussed in this article to prepare for your 30s! As you age, maintaining a healthy lifestyle will be more demanding and harder. So, it’s time to make a change before your ovaries clock ticks!