Admit it: cleaning your room is a task that’s easier planned than done. From the piles of clothes, stacks of clutter, random marijuana packaging, and other knick-knacks: the task can be quite overwhelming. Let’s see about the clean room: quick and easy tips for cleaning your space.
A quick tip that can help you out is to prioritize. You have to know which problem areas you should tackle first, and what tools you will need. Sure, it’s alright to just start cleaning with no clear plan, but this can cost you time and energy.
We created this article to help you be organized as you go through spring-cleaning, or if you simply want to freshen up your bedroom. Find out all the tools you will need, and how you can efficiently and quickly tidy up your room.
Tools you will need:
You can’t go into your cleaning battle empty-handed. These are just some ideal things to use, but feel free to add more equipment or improvise. Here are some things you will need before you head into organization:
- Vacuum – A vacuum with a hand attachment will be best as it can help you reach tight and narrow spaces. If you don’t have one, you may need to put in extra work.
- Broom – This is the best alternative if you don’t have a vacuum with you. A broom will help you get into the nooks and crannies of your room, making sure that each area is as clean as possible.
- Dusting supplies – You can choose whatever dusting supplies you work best with. It can be something as simple as an old rag along with a gentle, all-purpose cleaner. Just make sure that your cleaning solution is good for wood, if you should use it on these materials.
- Trash bag – A big trash bag will make it easier for you to put away things that are cluttered in your room. You can even have multiple trash bags to set aside things that may be donated or recycled!
How to Clean Your Room
Trust us; Having a general idea of how you will go through the process of cleaning your room will save you a lot of time. You won’t have to stand in the middle of all the mess, wondering how you will even start.
1. Start by picking up clutter.
If it doesn’t belong in your bedroom, pick it up and put it in the trash bag. These may be random water bottles, receipts, or even plastic bags that you forgot even existed. Make your way around the room and throw out anything that doesn’t belong there.
Once you’re done with all the trash, it’s time to put away your dirty clothes. Get your hamper or laundry basket and chuck in all of your clothes that have already been used. Clear off as many surfaces as you can, so you can be ready for the next step.
2. Change your bedsheets and wipe all of your furniture.
After you’ve cleared your room of clutter, it’s time to change your bedsheets. It has probably accumulated dust from the initial cleaning, so it’s time to swap it out with some fresh sheets.
Then you can start by wiping all the surfaces in your room, such as desks or tables. Use your cleaning solution and a damp rag to get rid of stubborn dirt.
3. Vacuum the floor.
Power up your vacuum and get your floor as clean as possible! Make sure to get into the hard-to-reach places with your broom as well.
We hope that this guide helped you with the initial stages of cleaning your room! If you have any other questions or if you have any cleaning tips to share, let us know in the comments.