Have you ever wondered what the best ways are to increase your libido? If so, you’re not alone. Many people have this question. The truth is that there are many ways to do it! In this post, we’ll discuss some of these techniques and give you some ideas on how to increase your libido effectively.
Control your stress.
Stress can have a negative effect on your libido , which is why it’s important to manage your stress as much as possible. It’s easy to feel stressed out with so much going on in our lives—work, family, finances and relationships are just a few areas that can cause stress. But there are many ways we can manage this stress and keep our libidos at high levels: meditation, massage therapy (e.g. tantric or nuru massage), and exercise have been proven time and time again to have great benefits for both the mind and body. The more you practice these techniques regularly, the better you’ll feel about yourself and about life in general—and the more likely it is that your sexual desire will rise along with it!
Get enough sleep.
- Sleep is important for your mental health and physical well-being. It’s also one of the best ways to keep your libido high.
- If you aren’t getting enough sleep, it could be affecting your libido. A good goal is seven to nine hours a night—in other words, don’t stay up too late!
- You’ll enjoy better quality sleep if you’re sleeping in a comfortable environment with no distractions or interruptions. Make sure that any electronics are turned off or out of reach before you go to bed so they don’t interfere with quality shut-eye!
- If you have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep, try taking some time by yourself at night—no electronics allowed! Use this time for meditation or another relaxing activity like reading or light yoga stretches instead of watching TV or scrolling through social media until bedtime rolls around again (which may not come soon enough).
Eat the right foods.
Foods rich in nutrients and vitamins can help you boost your libido or to Increase Your Libido. Foods like avocados, nuts and seeds, spinach, egg yolks, dark chocolate and cinnamon are all good choices. Foods that are rich in magnesium include pumpkin seeds and coconut oil. Zinc is found in oysters (seriously), beef liver and dark chocolate; vitamin D is found in salmon; vitamin B12 is found in fish, and vitamin E is found in almonds.
Exercise regularly to Increase Your Libido.
- According to research, exercise can help you increase your sex drive by increasing blood flow to your genitals and boosting testosterone levels.
- Plus, the more fit you are, the more comfortable you’ll feel in your own skin. To get started with a workout routine, try these tips:
- a) Sign up for a class at a local gym or martial arts studio—it’s fun and great for building confidence!
- b) Take walks around your neighbourhood at least three times per week—you might even meet some new people!
Limit alcohol and medications to Increase Your Libido.
Alcohol and medications can interact in ways that reduce your libido. In addition, alcohol is a diuretic, which means it increases the amount of urine you make. This makes you go to the bathroom more often and also dehydrates your body, both of which can interrupt sleep patterns and interfere with sexual function.
- If you’re taking medications such as antidepressants or antianxiety drugs that affect the release of serotonin in your brain, avoid alcohol for several days before having sex because these substances are dangerously mixed together.
- If you have diabetes or high blood pressure, talk with your doctor about whether drinking alcohol is safe for you—and if so, limit yourself to one drink per day (or less) since those with these conditions are more likely to experience negative side effects from alcohol consumption than other people are.
Try supplements that may help with sex drive.
- Vitamin B6: The body needs this vitamin to make sex hormones. Taking a supplement can help increase sexual desire, the amount of semen a man ejaculates, and sperm count.
- Zinc: Research shows that zinc supplements may improve your libido by increasing testosterone levels and decreasing prolactin level
- Vitamin D: Studies show that low levels of vitamin D are linked to lower testosterone levels, reduced fertility in women and men, increased risk for erectile dysfunction (ED), obesity and more depression symptoms among women with low vitamin D status compared with those who get enough from their diet or sun exposure (Bischoff-Ferrari 2013). However, it’s unclear whether taking supplements would help boost your libido if you don’t have any deficiency issues already; experts say there aren’t enough studies yet, so we can’t recommend them definitively just yet (Kriegel 2018).
If you’re worried that your libido is low, talk to your doctor and explore ways to improve it.
If you’re worried that your libido is low, talk to your doctor and explore ways to improve it. The first step is getting a diagnosis. Your doctor may be able to diagnose Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD) on his or her own, but it’s best if you can provide them with some information about how low your desire has been for the past 6 months or so. If he or she needs more information from you, there are tools available online that might help them diagnose HSDD in their patients more quickly and easily.
If there isn’t an obvious cause for your low libido, then talk with your doctor about treatments. There are several medications that can be helpful in cases where the cause of a person’s low libido isn’t immediately apparent—for example, anti-depressants such as Paxil (paroxetine), Zoloft (sertraline), Prozac (fluoxetine) and Celexa (citalopram). These medications work by increasing serotonin levels in the brain; serotonin is believed to play a role in regulating sexual desire. There are also other options for treating HSDD, including lifestyle changes like exercise and supplements like L-arginine, however, these strategies haven’t been studied nearly as much as medication treatments have been studied so it’s difficult to assume which ones will work best for each individual person without first trying out both options until finding one which works best over time.
The bottom line is that you want to be able to enjoy life. If you’re not satisfied with your sex life, then do something about it! The best way to do this? Start small and try some of the things we’ve talked about today. It will take time and effort but I promise you that the payoff is worth it!