3 Healthy foods that can be made using a barbecue.Are you having a cookout soon and are looking for healthier options? You’ve come to the right place. Avoiding high-calorie foods is a massive step towards a healthier life while maintaining the fun and what’s so delicious about having a barbecue evening.
There are the recipes we’ll be explaining throughout the article:
- Salmon Burgers
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs
- Grilled Corn
Don’t you have where to cook these delicious recipes? See this review of the best two-burner gas grill.
Preparing burgers these burgers is as easy as doing anything else. However, they are a healthier option. But why should you opt for salmon burgers instead of the regular recipe? Well, here are some health benefits salmon can bring to your life.
- Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. One-hundred grams of salmon contains 2.3g of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 is known to help with lowering blood pressure and risk of cancer, among other benefits.
- Salmon lowers the risk of heart disease thanks to the antioxidant effects of astaxanthin.
What we mentioned above are some of the many benefits that salmon can bring to your life. While we recommend including them in your diet once in a while, it is also not a bad idea to integrate them into your next barbecue cookout.
How do you prepare these burgers?
This recipe is easy. You’ll need the following ingredients:
- One egg
- Dry bread crumbs, about ¼ cup
- Prepared horseradish, about ½ teaspoons
- Diced pimientos, about ½ teaspoons
- Salt and dash pepper
- Boneless skinless pink salmon (drained) one pouch or 7.1oz.
- Kaiser rolls, two units. Split!
Use a small bowl to combine the first six ingredients. Once you’re done, add the salmon and mix them. Give them shape, and form two patties. You can add more salmon if you’re going to have more people around.
Cook each side for five or six minutes or until they’re brown. Serve them on rolls with lettuce.
Grilled Chicken Kabobs
Grilled kabobs are an excellent choice for a barbecue. It is a delicious and healthy recipe, rich in proteins and vitamins such as vitamin C and A and iron and zinc. It doesn’t take much time to prepare them, like the previous recipe.
Although there are multiple recipes out there on the internet for grilled chicken kabobs.
For this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients.
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs, 1lb – You must cut them into large, bite-sized portions.
- Olive oil, two tablespoons
- Lemon juice
- 3 Minced garlic cloves
- Paprika, one teaspoon
- Cumin, ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric, ½ teaspoon
- Cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon
- Freshly ground black pepper, ¼ teaspoon
- Salt, ¼ teaspoon
- Red onion – It would be best if you cut thick slices.
- Bell peppers – Same as with the onions.
- You’ll need vegetable oil to grease the grill.
We will present your grilled corn with chili mayonnaise, coriander, and feta for the last recipe. This recipe is easy and isn’t that time-consuming (you’ll last about twenty minutes or half-an-hour making it). It is mainly a side dish, meaning that you can serve it along with anything else that comes to your mind.
For this recipe, we’ll brush the corn with a spicy and creamy sauce. We’ll also add crumbled cheese and some fresh herbs to add more taste!
- Corn cobs, any number of units – Remove the husks and silks first.
- Crushed chili flakes, two tablespoon
- Finely-crumbled feta, four tablespoon
- Finely-chopped coriander, two tablespoon
- Lime, one unit. Cut it into quarters.
First, cook the corn in boiling water for about five minutes. Once done, take away the pan from the heat. Leave the corn there until it’s time to grill them.
Heat the griddle barbecue with direct heat. Take the cobs out of the water, dry them, and brush the surface using the mayo and chili flakes. Season them as much as you’d like, and cook them for about five minutes, switching positions until grill marks appear.
Once done, you can sprinkle cobs, feta, and coriander around the surface to taste. Serve them with lime and squeeze the juice over them when eating.