questions about stoma surgery? call our helpline 0800 7314264
The Nuts and Bolts of Running a Support Group
Who is this course suitable for?
Those who are either already running, or helping to run, a local stoma patient support group, or are looking to set up a support group. Please note, to ensure diversity of discussion on the day we have a limit of 2 attendees from any one group. Additional handouts can be made available for distribution within your group.
What are the outcomes?
• Learn how to promote your group effectively, making particular use of the internet
• Discover the ingredients of a good group meeting
• Learn how to handle issues such as conflict and bereavement within the group
• Ascertain the most appropriate methods of establishing financial security for your group
• Learn how to ensure you have adequate support at organizer level
• Develop practical skills to help you manage the administration of your group, including data protection consideration
How long does it take?
One day (10am-4pm).
Where does it take place?
Upcoming venues include: (no dates currently arranged)
Other dates in venues across the UK added regularly, please contact us if you are interested and there isn't a venue near you listed yet. If you have specific queries or concerns regarding your group and would like to talk them through with us, you don't have to wait until you can attend a course, please feel free to call us on 0118 324 0069 or email email@example.com
What will it cost?
We have received funding to provide this course free of charge to attendees. Lunch and refreshments are provided. All we ask in return is feedback from you about what you thought of the course!
What should I do next?
Download a booking form here
Call Helen Bracey on 0118 324 0069, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.